Retro Tea Breaks Vol. 1 is a beautifully bound hardback book which explores conversations between Neil of RMC and the pioneers of the video game industry.
Enjoy conversations with Mark Ferrari of Lucas Film Games, Mike Dailly of Grand Theft Auto and Lemmings fame, Al Lowe of Sierra and many more in this unique record of the voices who created the multi billion dollar industry we know today. Conversations preserved for current and future generations of gamers to come.
This volume includes 12 very special conversations with:
- The Oliver Twins (British 8-bit pioneers)
- Al Lowe (Sierra, Video Game Developer)
- George 'The Fat Man' Sanger (Composer, Freelance/Lucas Arts)
- Bill Volk (Developer, Activision/Avalon Hill)
- Francois Lionet (Developer, STOS/AMOS)
- Rob Hubbard (Composer, C64 Maestro/Electronic Arts)
- Stoo Cambridge (Artist, Sensible Software)
- Jon St. John (Voice Over Artist, Duke Nukem 3D)
- Mike Dailly (DMA, Grand Theft Auto/Lemmings)
- David Fox (Developer, Lucas Arts)
And – exclusive to the book – two new interviews with Chris Sawyer (Transport Tycoon, RollerCoaster Tycoon) and Ken Silverman (Build engine).
The book includes equisite binding and a ribbon book mark, as well as a colour photo centre section and fold out timeline of notable games discussed in the book. It also features the wonderful pixel art of Stoo Cambridge (Sensible Software) especially commissioned for the book.
Also available with a limited edition set of litographically printed collectors cards featuring the guest portraits and a book signed by Neil, as well as a collectors mug.
*PLEASE NOTE* You are purchasing the book and optionally the collectors cards and/or mug ONLY. Other objects shown in the photos are for staging purposes only and are not included in the sale.